Wednesday, May 18, 2011

SO EXCITED

Tomorrow is my 19th birthday... birthdays are normally a pretty big deal to me! I am one of those people who tries to make everyone else birthday special so they do the same for me... I normally plan a whole day around what I want to do, but this year is just different. My best friend lives 4 hours away and wont be able to get to dallas until sunday, I have a doctors appointment, and I agreed to babysit. So needless to say this wont be my typical birthday.

This year my parents got me a PUPPY for my birthday. He is worlds cutest cocker spaniel puppy, he is now 11 weeks old and a complete mommas boy. I will say he has cured my baby fix for now. Waking up twice in the middle of the night to take him potty is slightly different than waking up in the middle of the night to feed, but more or less its like having a baby and im completely in LOVE. I think Bear and I were made for each other... he lefts me hold him on his back like a baby, he likes to be rocked, he is now my pride and joy.

But like I said above, MY BEST FRIEND COMES ON SUNDAY. One of our other friends organized for a bunch of us to go to the Rangers game next tuesday, and so it gave her two reasons to come in town. My birthday, and the rangers game. So because she wont be able to make it here until sunday, and I have packed my day tomorrow with events that are not at all to celebrate my birthday, we are going to pretend like May 19th is this sunday. But what I am most excited to do is just sit and laugh with her. We are BOTH tight on money right now (me especially because I now have vet bills to pay) so instead of shopping, and eating around town for every meal, we will sit around and enjoy each other company... which is in my mind the PERFECT birthday present.

Starting monday I am housesitting for family friends, they have a HUGE house that happens to be pictured in a book called "The French Inspired Home" because it is SO BEAUTIFUL. They are really chill people, that literally hand their keys, dogs, and house, and pool over to me for 10 days. Needless to say it will be a FUN 10 days (if it is anything like last summer).

The guy I blogged about in my last post lives in Kingwood, which is 6 hours away from Dallas... however he is going to make the trek up here to meet my family and spend sometime with me before his summer school starts up and my job starts in June.

While tomorrow (my actual birthday) might not be the best day ever, this next week sure will be exciting and fun. I mean 19 is just another year, that has nothing special attached to it...

So for now im soaking up the excitement of these next few days,

Lauren S.

No comments:

Post a Comment