Thursday, February 10, 2011

Everything has a Starting Point

I am currently a city girl trying to live in a smaller town. My current location is Lubbock and so far so GREAT. I actually have been dreaming about going to school at Texas Tech ever since I could say "get your guns up" and this opportunity is giving me experiences I will NEVER forget. I was the girl through out high school who couldn't wait to graduate and get out, probably because I had lived in the same exact place for 15 years of my life. The same streets, the same eating places, the same friends, and the same old things to do... got boring. So needless to say, Tech gave me a road to run on, to pack up and get out, and thats exactly what I did. This August I filled my car with most of my belongings and moved into what is now is possibly one of the crappiest/ best places EVER the 3 chit. My roommate is a sweet girl that I know from home. The funny part about that is she actually lives directly across from me back where we are from. But let me backtrack a tad... in June I flew up to Lubbock with my mom for orientation. Where I met two girls who will hands down be bridesmaids in my wedding. Because we are on somewhat of the same career path we have classes together, and they make class so much more enjoyable to be in. The second day I "lived" in Lubbock (sorority) rush started, where I also met some people that will be lifelong friends. The girl that stood in front of me everyday as we lined up outside, at the house we are now sisters in, was my first real friend up here. Living in the dorms put me in a situation where I am living with 56 girls that has made this place extremely enjoyable. We all love each other, would do anything for each other, and will prank each other often. I can not even begin to explain how much fun this last semester and a half has been living with all these girls, this will be a story for later! After rush and during "New member meetings" I met this super annoying girl I now consider my best friend. Once we started to get to know each other, we realized we have a ton of the same values and wants out of life. We both are "really" in college to find a man to marry, and have babies.... LOTS OF BABIES, a degree will be a nice thing to have however, we see ourselves as moms so much more than in a cubicle. We are the kind of girls that have everything planned out, the wedding dress, location, rings, cake, honeymoon, and where we will live following the wedding, our kids names and what sports they will play, we have it all planned out.... and the only thing we are missing is the man that puts that ring on the finger.

First semester was rough, in the sense that I took CHEMISTRY. I waltzed into classes and thought it would be a cake walk, and that nipped me in the butt bad. However, like I always say... you make the best of it, and pull your life up by the boot straps even if the boot doesn't fit. Needless to say, second semester will be life changing for me. Not only to make my parents happy but to show myself that even though I want to change diapers, drop off kids in the carpool line, and braid pigtails for the rest of my life, I do have a pretty solid brain between these shoulders and I can do whatever I put my mind too. 

Life is looking good, and I am just soaking it up-

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment