Thursday, February 17, 2011

Surprise!!!

In my last entry I explained how stressed I was about my two test I had the next day. Well... not only did I write that, but I also called my mom crying about it. Being the oldest of four and being the first to leave home has been tough on my mom. She is suddenly not their to pick up the slack, or help with homework and that KILLS her. So.... about 11:30 Monday night I received a phone call from my mom and SURPRISE SURPRISE, MY MOM WAS IN LUBBOCK. She read me my book in the nice big hotel bed until we both couldn't keep our eyes open any longer, she blow dried my hair the next morning as I finished the reading. It was just perfect, I loved that my mom came to help me, and everything worked out great with my test!


However, on wednesday afternoon when she left my friend and I decided we were going to go to United (the grocery store) and get popsicles. Needless to say, it was 86 degrees in February and we were not going to pass up the opportunity to eat popsicles while we soaked up some vitamin D. About five minutes after leaving the grocery store I realized I didn't have my cell phone. So we immediately drove back, I thought I left it under the little machine where you swipe your credit card... but it was gone and the customer service counter had not had anyone turn it in. After going all day thinking that the customer behind me must have stolen it, and making the nice manager (Kyle Elliot) watch every second of the surveillance camera footage while I was in the store. I simply remember that I had left it in my moms car, who at this point was now back in Dallas.


So yes, I have been with out a cell phone for about 48 hours now, and as miserable as it has been I really didn't mind. I have had several people say "why dont you go get a go phone until you get yours mailed" and my response has been "their is just no need". Despite the fact that not having a phone ruined my routine, (for example: I was unable to do facebook creeping during anatomy class or get test messages from my friends about funny things that were happening to them in class) It was peaceful. I knew what I had to get done and I got it done a lot quicker than I would have with my phone. All in all, I am READY to have my phone back tomorrow, but it was a nice little reality check. People did live with out cell phones for yearssss, ya it sucked but it brought me back down to earth. I have been on cloud nine these past few days, and I give partial credit to not having my cell phone glued to my side.


A few years ago, I was in a serious relationship for a longgg time. I can truly say I fell in Love for the first time. He was my everything. I never missed one of his baseball games, I never passed up the opportunity to sign BOTH of our names at the bottom of a card for whatever the occasion was, and I truly saw his face at the end of the isle when I pictured my wedding. However, this spiraled down hill, and we are obviously not together anymore (or the previous entrees would have been about how in love I was). Needless to say, today while driving home from my weekly Zumba class (the BEST WORKOUT EVER) I reached my hand into my CD collection and when my hand came out, in it was the last CD he had made while we were together. Listening to the CD didn't make me sad or miss him. It made me realize how I truly believe Im ready to put my self back in the game. So bring it on fellas, this weekend Im GOING CRAZYYY.


Life is lookin' good, and Im just soaking it up!


Lauren S

No comments:

Post a Comment