Sunday, March 27, 2011

I wanna walk the line till the end of time

My best friend constantly connects moments in her life to songs. I often find myself sitting on her roommates bed listening to a song that reminds her of this moment or that person. And while listening to the past few songs she has shown me that she connects to her two past relationships, I though about our songs. I dont listen to songs and think if you much anymore but I can remember sitting in my 04 Black Suburban the day I got my licenses and listening to the CD I titled "The FIRST CD for MY CAR" and as Johnny and June by Heidi Newfield played all I did was think of how perfect the words where for how I felt about you. I wanted to walk the line with you, I wanted to love you that much, I wanted to cash it all in, just like Johnny and June. The day you left for college will forever be imprinted into my brain. I remember the way you smelled (Curve no.2), I remember what snacks I packed for you while you were driving, I remember how many times I kissed you before I finally let you drive off, and I remember what I did the second your beat up car drove out of Hillview court.

Like I have previously wrote about, I drive when I get anxiety or when I want to be alone and cry. The day you left I got in the my new car (my current car) and put in "The FIRST CD for MY CAR" CD and it played our song. That day I vividly remember thinking I was so clever and that I must be completely head over heels for you if I was that upset about you leaving. August 16th 2008 I drove down the streets WE drove on and sang Johnny and June at the tops of my lungs with a slight spin on it. I replaced Johnny and June's names with ours.

I constantly try to trick myself into thinking Im not in love with you anymore, but truth is I am. So even though I will never tell you this, or pursue anything with you again I am admitting to still thinking of you every night, still wondering what our kids would look like, and sometimes when I am drawling in class and I write my name in cursive over and over, you last name is attached.

So to you, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment