Tuesday, March 29, 2011

As if today was your last... For my Unborn Children

As most of my blog readers know, I am so desperate to be a mom its crazy. Every time I pass the "baby" section of a store I stop. Their is just something about having a child of your own that gives you the best feeling ever, and I personally have never felt that way YET. But I already have a feeling for my unborn children, so when I do get the honor and chance to have my own I KNOW the feeling will be incredible.

Being in college you get asked about your major ALL the time. Mine? My major is HDFS (Human Development and Family Studies) with a focus goal on Pre- Professional Health (Nursing). When most people think of what they want to be when they are little they want to be teachers or firemen. ME... I wanted to be a nurse. I have always wanted to work with babies. Now that Im older I know exactly what I want to do. I want to be a labor and delivery nurse. I want to be the friend that is technically allowed to "hold the baby first" because Im the one right there to catch the baby, weigh the baby, measure the baby, and hand it to the mother. I plan on being the nurse for all my brother and sisters babies, and my best friend. So that when I am old and wanting to just hold a little baby, they cant say no to me holding their little ones. Because I was the one who held them first... its just kind of an unwritten rule that I will have that power.

I have always thought about starting a baby box. A box that is just filled of things for my unborn child. It would just be a little collection of little burp-rags, and cute little outfits.  Something that I would keep until my child was born and then I would bring it out and either laugh at how ridiculous I was, or dress my baby in cute "vintage" looking outfits. But I know if I start, the little collection I am imagining,will become out of control.

Something that one of my friends introduced to me I have been completely obsessed with, is the 1001 things for my unborn child. I keep a notebook of little things I want to teach my children. One of them is "Write your own eulogy, constantly revise it. "
I want nothing more than for my unborn children to be happy with the life they were given, and the things they are in control of I want them to never regret. I wish that when they are called home, someone will have great words to speak of them.

From now on at the end of my post I might have just a little life lesson that I want to share with you all, that I have added to my collection for my children.

Todays lesson for my unborn children: Write your own eulogy, constantly revise it".
I love you with all my heart already,
Mom

Just Soaking up these beautiful rays life is giving me,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment