Friday, March 4, 2011

My Little Boy

If you are reading this, that obviously means I am close enough with you to have told you about my blog, and even further know my passion for kids with special needs. While I was recently "stumbling" on Stumbleupon.com I came across a website called Reece's Rainbow. It is an organization that assigns "Prayer Warriors" to a child with down syndrome to pray that someone will come along and adopt them. In 25 countries when a down syndrome child gets put up for adoption, when they turn five they are deemed unworthy of being adopted and literally go to a different location to pretty much sit their and live until they die. Thats where Prayer Warriors come in. People like me, who by any means are at no time in their life ready to adopt a down syndrome child, follow the child through out its life until they get adopted. I decided that being a Prayer Warrior is something I really wanted to do, so I am now the Prayer Warrior for A precious little boy.

First Name Braden
Last Name: 19mz-25c

He lives in Russia- Region 25 to be exact.

He just turned 7 last December.



This is the information I know about him for now: A boy with a desire to come into contact with an adult, but selectively. Likes to do individually. Flirts with an adult (smiles, laughs, pulls the clothes), loves to cuddle, affectionate. If the offense – covers his face with his hands, but quickly calmed down. It is very fastidious and capricious to the food.



I will continue to use my blog as a way for people to not only be updated on my life but also on my little baby Braden's precious life. 

I encourage anyone interested in being a Prayer Warrior for a very special down syndrome child to check out Reece's Rainbow, or contact me.

For now Im just soaking it all in,
Lauren S.

No comments:

Post a Comment